1. No activation is required for gift cards less than $250, eGift Cards or those that were part of a bulk purchase totaling less than 25 cards
2. For your security, we will require you to activate any Walmart plastic Gift Cards purchased in an order of 25 cards and/or an order of $250 or more. An email with activation instructions is sent to the email address listed on the account at the time the order is placed. You will receive an email with a password to activate your Gift Card. If you cannot find this email, or did not receive one, please contact Walmart.com Customer Care.
How to use your gift card to make online purchases:
At checkout, you can use up to five gift cards at one time or a combination of a gift card and other payment method such as credit/debit card or Pay with Cash.
To use your gift cards online:
1. During checkout you will reach the Payment Method screen
2. Select Gift Card
3. Add a new Gift Card or apply those already saved
4. As cards are added, you will see them appear in your Purchase Summary
5. If your order total is less than the amount on your Walmart Gift Card, the remaining amount will be available on your card for future purchases. If your order total is more than the amount on your Walmart Gift Card, you will need to pay for the balance with additional gift cards or a credit/debt card.
If you want to buy someone a gift but you’re having trouble figuring out what to get for them, a gift card can be a great solution. Maybe you don’t know them well enough to be certain what they want. Or maybe you simply don’t know what they want. That’s OK, and there’s no need to guess. With a Walmart gift card, they can choose whatever their heart desires from a seemingly endless selection of products.
Shop for gift cards by the occasion to find special designs for birthdays, weddings, anniversaries or graduations. Or add a personal touch by choosing a card that reflects the recipient’s interests, whether a fan of sports, cats or cupcakes. There are so many possibilities.
Walmart makes gift card giving easy. You can give a traditional, plastic gift card or order an eGift Card, which will be sent to the recipient’s email inbox. Either kind can be redeemed at Walmart or Sam’s Club stores or at Walmart.com or SamsClub.com.
If you’d prefer to give the gift of an experience, Walmart carries specialty gift cards for restaurants, movie theaters and other entertainment, plus retail, travel and more. There are also gift cards from major credit card companies, which are safer than cash, more flexible than gift certificates and single merchant gift cards and can be used wherever the card is accepted.
Plastic gift cards
Surprise someone with a plastic gift card. Just order the style and dollar amount of your choice, then have it sent to them in the mail. They’ll thank you for remembering them with such a thoughtful surprise.
The Basic Blue Walmart Gift Card makes a wonderful choice for family and friends because it lets them pick out exactly what they want. Choose a money denomination between $10 and $100. It’s easy because the most popular amounts have already been predetermined for you. Just select one and quickly move through the checkout process.
For orders of $250 and higher, or 25 gift cards and higher, Walmart will send you an email about how to activate them. The cards can be used:
For purchases at Walmart.com and at Walmart stores in the US.
For purchases by Sam’s Club members at Sam’s Club stores in the US and at SamsClub.com.
For purchases at VUDU.com.
In stores just present the Walmart gift card at checkout.
Online enter the gift card number and the PIN, which is listed on the back of gift card, during checkout. The PIN provides a more secure online shopping experience.
As you make purchases, the gift card amount decreases. You can add to the gift card balance anytime at a Walmart store. You can also check your card’s balance anytime that’s convenient for you in stores or online.