We can Judge, I guess!
The iPhone SE 2020 launched back in March is definitely a phone worth checking out if you’re already in the “Apple ecosystem” or if you want to get it at the lowest entry price. That said, the smartphone does not bring a bit upgrade design wise over the older iPhone 8 released in September of 2017. Very much so that the hardware between the two devices appears to be interchangeable; let’s have a closer look!
As we can see in the video above from the PBKreviews Youtube channel and later echoed by GSMArena, the iPhone SE 2020 seems to pack a very similar hardware to what we find on the smartphone it’s based on. So, according to both reports, it’s possible to use some of the components from the iPhone 8 on the iPhone SE 2020 and vice versa.
More specifically, we can use the camera of the iPhone 8 on the iPhone SE 2020, which means you could harvest the sensor from old iPhone 8 and use it on the new device. Same goes with the display and a few other components.
PBKreviews did confirm that you cannot swap batteries though, as the connector is slightly different now. Which is somewhat ironic as the batteries themselves have the same shape and exceptionally low capacity, as we learned in this article.
Either way, a very interesting learning experience, although we aren’t sure it’ll be any practical. We doubt there are many people with spare iPhone 8’s in their drawers and if there are, these smartphones are probably damaged either on the display or camera side. Which means you should buy a new component no matter what.
What do you guys think about the similarity of the internal hardware? Did you expect to see that? Let us know down below!
APPLE IPHONE SE 2020 FULL SPECIFICATIONS:
- 4.7-inch (1334 x 750 pixels) IPS 326 ppi display, 1400:1 contrast ratio, 625 cd/m2 max brightness
- Six-core A13 Bionic 64-bit processor, 8-core Neural Engine
- 64GB, 128GB and 256GB storage options
- iOS 13
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- Water and dust resistant (IP67)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) camera, optical image stabilization. With True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps
- 7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- TouchID Fingerprint sensor
- Built‑in stereo speaker
- Dimensions: 138.4x 67.3×7.3mm; Weight:148g
- Gigabit-class 4G LTE up to 1.6Gbps, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion 1821mAh battery with Up to 13 hours video playback. With Qi wireless charging, 18W fast charging (5w charger in the box)
Source : GSMArena