Even the global pandemic can’t stop chinese makers to release new phones and today we got another very interesting piece. UMIDIGI decided to launch a success to the very popular entry-level model A5 Pro and the new UMIDIGI A7 Pro looks pretty promising. Global sales of this model will start on May 26th and the price should be kept under $150. So far so good, but what can we expect from this model exactly ?
MAYBE THE BEST AI QUAD REAR CAMERA SETUP IN ITS PRICE RANGE
The UMIDIGI A7 Pro offers an AI quad rear camera setup, while most phones under $150 stick to a double camera combo. The sensors include a 16MP main camera, 16MP ultra-wide camera (120 degree field of view), 5MP macro shooter (2cm focus), and a 5MP depth sensor. But it’s not just about ultra-wide mode and macro mode, UMIDIGI also claims that the phone supports night mode as well and AI scene recognition. On the front, there’s a 16MP selfie camera.
UNRIVALED FHD+ 19.5:9 DISPLAY
It’s still not easy to find a FHD+ display on a phone at this price range. UMIDIGI A7 Pro features a 6.3-inch waterdrop full screen with FHD+ resolution (2340 x 1080pixels) and in-cell LTPS technology. Additionally, the aspect ratio is 19.5:9, which can give you a better visual experience than the 19:9 one.
ENHANCED OCTA-CORE PERFORMANCE WITH LARGE 64GB/128GB STORAGE
UMIDIGI A7 Pro comes with an upgraded 4GB of LPDDR4X RAM and is available in two large internal storage versions – 64GB and 128GB. Coupled with the enhanced Octa-Core processor, UMIDIGI says the A7 Pro is much more powerful than A5 Pro. In AnTuTu V8, A7 Pro scores 122,547 while A5 Pro scores 92,514 according to the company. The phone houses a 4,150mAh battery with a 10W charger in the box.
FLAGSHIP LEVEL DESIGN ON A BUDGET
The sleek UMIDIGI A7 Pro comes in two colours — Ocean Blue and Cosmic Black. The 2.5D glass back and metal frame, paired with the new optical plating technology, makes the phone shine just like a premium flagship. And there’s also a fingerprint scanner on the back. Moreover, it comes with a Type-C port and a 3-Card Slot (Dual SIM + MicroSD) with up to 256GB expandable memory. The phone runs on stock Android 10 with global LTE bands and dual 4G VoLTE support.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
UMIDIGI A7 Pro will start its global sales on 26th May together with the new flagship S5 Pro during UMIDIGI Fan Festival on AliExpress. The prices are not unveiled yet but we can expect that both 64GB and 128GB versions of the phone will be under $150. Now UMIDIGI A7 Pro is already listed at its AliExpress store and you can add it to cart first in case you miss the big discount on May 26. The makers are also claiming, that they have more than sufficient stock to handle the first wave of orders.
Last, but not least UMIDIGI is giving away 10 units of A7 Pro for free! All you have to do is join the giveaway on the official website. And you will find all the important info about the phone itself in the same place.
UMIDIGI A7 PRO FULL SPECS
- Screen: 6.3” FHD+ Full Screen, 19.5:9
- CPU: MediaTek, Helio P23, 4xCortex-A53, 2.0GHz & 4xCortex-A53, 1.5GHz
- GPU: ARM Mali G71 MP2 700MHz
- RAM: 4GB, LPDDR4x dual-channel
- Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Rear camera: 16MP primary camera, F/1.8, 6-element lens, 16MP ultra wide angle camera, FOV 120°, 5MP depth camera, 5MP macro camera, 2cm macro distance
- Front camera: 16MP, F/2.0 aperture, 5-element lens
- Connectivity: Dual 4G/Dual VoLTE
- Bands: 4G: FDD-LTE: B1 /2 /3 /4 /5 /7 /8 /12 /13 /17 /18 /19 /20 /26 /28A /28B /B66 , TDD-LTE: B34 /38 /39 /40 /41, 3G: WCDMA: B1 /2 /4 /5 /6 /8 /19, TD-SCDMA: B34/39, CDMA EVDO: BC0 /BC1, 2G: GSM: B2 /B3 /B5 /B8, CDMA1X: BC0 /BC1
- More features : GPS, Glonass, Galileo, BeiDou, USB Type-C, Bluetooth 4.0, OTG
- Battery: 4150mAh, 10W Fast Charge
- Dimensions: 158.7 x 74.9 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 212g
- Sensors: Rear-Mounted Fingerprint Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Accelerometer , Gyroscope, Electronic Compass
- Colors: Ocean Blue, Cosmic Black